Introduction  |   SB e-CS Process Flow  |   Frequently Asked Questions  |   What Companies Submit  |   What Treasury Review

Unique Entity ID

Before you can bid on government proposals, you need to obtain a Unique Entity ID, an identification number for your business. The registration is free for all businesses required to register with the federal government for contracts or grants.

What do I need to get my Unique Entity ID Number?

When registering for your Unique Entity ID Number, you will need the following on hand:

  • Legal name
  • Headquarters name and address for your business
  • Doing Business As (DBA) or other name by which your business is commonly recognized
  • Physical address, city, state and ZIP Code
  • Mailing address (if separate from headquarters and/or physical address)
  • Telephone number
  • Contact name and title
  • Number of employees at your physical location
  • Whether you are a Home-Based Business

How do I get my Unique Entity ID?

Getting your Unique ID is easy. Visit GSA's SAM Entity Registrations to obtain more detailed instructions on applying for your business entity.

Also, see the Small Business Administration's Basic requirements page for getting proper registrations and ID numbers.